FAQ Banner

What will happen if I leave my property owing rent?

As you are still liable to repay any oustanding rent owed we will contact you to negotiate a suitable repayment plan.

If you do not pay off the outstanding rent we will refer the case to a Debt Collection Agency who will write and visit you to collect the arrears.  If this is unsuccessful we will consider taking legal action to recover the debt.

Former tenants who owe rent arrears will not be eligible for rehousing by Bassetlaw District Council unless they have cleared the debt or demonstrated a commitment to paying off the debt.